Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month begins on Sunday – and AAPI Westport is ready.
With a full range of activities, the group invites all residents to learn, connect and celebrate together.
- Kicking off AAPI Heritage Month at Saugatuck Sweets on Monday, May 2 (4:30-6 p.m.). Receive a discount on an ice cream cone and hear the official proclamation from first coach Jen Tooker.
- Join the discussion: #StopAsianHate: One Year Later (Wednesday, May 4, 6 p.m., Westport Library). The film We need to talk about anti-Asian hate will be displayed. NBC News correspondent Vicky Nguyen will host a discussion with Connecticut Attorney General William Tong, Fairfield County Chinese American Organization President Miriam Yeung, #IAmNotAVirus Founder Mike Keo, and co-founder of AAPI Westport, Patra Kanchanagom. Click here to register.
- Enjoy the shows and food at AAPI Festival (Westport Weston Family Y, Saturday, May 7, 2-4 p.m.). Mecha-Uma will sell Japanese food. Free entry; register click here to register.
- Cocktails, conversations and conviviality are on the agenda AAPI & Allies Happy Hour (MoCA Westport, May 10, 5-7 p.m..).
- Middle and high school students are invited to an interactive workshop on AAPI History: Fighting Anti-Asian Hate with Immigrant History Initiative (May 14, Toquet Hall, 4-6 p.m..). Free entry; pizza provided. Click here to register.
- To experience the multiverse and see Michelle Yeo, watch Everything everywhere all at once (May 19, Remarkable Theater, 8 p.m..). A short film on AAPI Westport will also be screened. Click here for tickets.
For more information, click here. Follow Instagram (@aapiwestport) for updates.